Cooking dinner for one isn’t straightforward. It’s arduous to search out the motivation to commit greater than 15 minutes to a meal that you simply—and also you alone—are going to gobble up in about 5. Most recipes are crafted to feed a number of folks, and whereas leftovers are nice, selection is the spice of life. Some meals are supposed to be only one and finished, you already know?
Every of the “dinner for one” recipes under is so full of protein that it’s the one dish it is advisable make. The nourishing elements are rigorously chosen for a very satisfying meal for one. You may not be cooking for anybody however your self, however feeding yourself is an important act of self-care. So let’s get cooking, we could?
One of the best high-protein ‘dinner for one’ recipes
1. Baked feta salmon
You continue to have some feta leftover from the baked feta pasta craze, proper? On this recipe, Feel Good Foodie creator Yumna Jawad combines high-protein feta with high-protein salmon. Cherry tomatoes, inexperienced pepper, crimson onion, garlic, kalamata olives, oregano, basil, and plenty of olive oil make this the most effective recipes while you’re cooking dinner for one—all these scrumptious elements, however you’ll solely have to scrub a single dish.
6 ouncesMOWI Important Recent Atlantic Salmon
1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
1/Four cup chopped inexperienced pepper
1/Four cup chopped crimson onion
2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp pitted kalamata olives
1 garlic clove pressed
1/Four tsp salt divided
1/Four tsp oregano divided
1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
1/Four tsp crushed crimson pepper
Recent basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat the salmon dry.
2. In an oven secure dish, place the cherry tomatoes, inexperienced peppers, crimson onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, garlic, half the salt and half the oregano oregano. Pour the olive oil on prime, and toss till properly mixed.
3. Place the salmon in the midst of the baking dish surrounded by all of the greens. Add the remaining oregano and crushed crimson pepper on prime of the salmon. Drizzle extra olive oil if desired.
4. Bake within the preheated oven for 15 minutes, till the tomatoes soften and the salmon is cooked by means of.
5. Add contemporary basil leaves and serve with a aspect of your selection, if desired.
2. Turkey chili for one
Filled with turkey and beans, this scrumptious turkey chili recipe from One Dish Kitchen creator Joanie Zisk is chock-full of protein—and the beans double as a very good fiber-source, too. Like with any good chili, spices are key. Right here, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic are all used. This hearty meal comes collectively in simply 30 minutes.
2 tsp olive oil
2 oz. chopped onions
1 yellow or crimson pepper , chopped
1 clove garlic , minced
5 oz. floor turkey
half tsp Italian seasoning
1/Four tsp smoked paprika
1/Four kosher salt
1/Eight tsp coarsely floor black pepper
10 oz. canned tomatoes (with their juices)
2 oz. canned black beans , rinsed and drained
For topping: cheese, bitter cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro (non-obligatory)
1. Warmth the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium warmth.
2. Add the chopped onions and peppers. Cook dinner, stirring often for 2 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for one minute longer.
4. Subsequent, add within the floor turkey and break up the meat; stir often and cook dinner till not pink, about eight minutes.
5. Add the Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper; stir for about 10 seconds.
6. Subsequent, add within the tomatoes and black beans. Convey to a boil, then scale back warmth and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Style and regulate seasonings and salt as mandatory. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, bitter cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro.
3. Hen tostadas for one
These hen tostadas from Eat Mexico creator Lesley Téllez are excessive in protein and in addition totally gluten-free. The key to creating them filled with taste is in a tangy cabbage slaw and a dressing made with olive oil, salt, and pineapple vinegar. Don’t overlook to prime all of it off with sizzling sauce.
1/Four small cabbage
1/Four carrot, grated
1/Four handful cilantro, coarsely chopped (leaves and stems)
1/Four Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or Rancho Gordo’s pineapple vinegar)
3/Four Tbsp olive oil
1/Four tsp kosher salt
1/Four lb. boneless, skinless hen thighs
1/Four tsp floor black pepper
1/Four peeled garlic clove
1/Four small white or yellow onion
half can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/Four tsp floor cumin
For garnish: 1/Four lime, quartered
Sizzling sauce of selection
1/Four container Mexican crema
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Minimize cabbage in half and slice thinly. Place in a bowl with the grated carrot and chopped cilantro.
3. Salt all the pieces generously and toss to mix.
4. In a small cup or bowl, whisk collectively 1 / 4 tablespoon olive oil and the pineapple or apple cider vinegar. Pour over the slaw and toss once more to mix. Cowl the slaw with an hermetic lid and chill within the fridge whilst you end the remaining objects.
5. Place the hen thighs in a medium bowl and add 1 / 4 tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt, and the bottom black pepper, and blend till the meat is evenly coated.
6. Organize the meat on the baking sheet and bake till tender and browned on the edges, about 20 minutes.
7. Whereas the meat cooks, warmth the remaining olive oil (or another impartial cooking oil) in a medium frying pan, over medium warmth. When sizzling, add the peeled garlic clove and onion wedge and cook dinner till blistered and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
8. Add the drained beans in a single fast pour, together with 1 / 4 cup of water. (Decrease the flame if the beans begin to bounce and splatter an excessive amount of.)
9. Mash the beans till they’re half clean, half lumpy, including extra water if the beans look too pasty or dry.
10. Stir within the cumin and salt to style and scale back warmth to low.
11. Cowl and cook dinner for 5 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure they don’t stick.
12. As soon as the hen is completed, let it cool for a couple of minutes, then chop it into small, bite-size items.
13. To organize tostadas, place one tostada on a plate and add a slather of refried beans. Prime with hen and a hefty serving of the chilled slaw. Garnish with dollops of crema, a spritz of lime and a drizzle of sizzling sauce.
4. Crispy baked tofu with candy chili sauce
For a meat-free “dinner for one” recipe, look no additional than this recipe from Felicia’s Fab Foodz. The key to getting the tofu completely crispy is patting it utterly dry earlier than baking it. (Even higher is in case you freeze it in a single day.) The candy chili sauce is made with maple syrup, crushed crimson pepper, inexperienced onion, and garlic—the right mixture of savory and tang.
For the tofu:
5-6 ouncesextra agency tofu
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
half tsp maple syrup
Three Tbsp cornstarch
For the candy chili sauce:
Three Tbsp maple syrup
Three Tbsp water
2 Tbsp white vinegar
half Tbsp cornstarch
1 massive garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp inexperienced onion (finely chopped)
1/Four tsp salt
half tsp crushed crimson pepper (or to style)
Put together the tofu:
1. Press the tofu with paper towel, eradicating as a lot liquid as doable.
2. Elective (however really helpful): Freeze tofu in a single day. The subsequent day, let the tofu thaw, then press with paper towel once more. This may assist take away much more of the liquid.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Minimize the tofu into small cubes.
5. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce and maple syrup. Toss the tofu on this combination till totally coated.
6. Toss the tofu in cornstarch till totally coated.
7. Switch to a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes or till calmly browned and crispy.
Put together the candy chili sauce:
1. Mix all elements in a small bowl.
2. Switch to a saucepan and cook dinner over medium warmth, stirring often.
3. Cook dinner till bubbly and thick.
4. Take away from warmth and serve over baked tofu.
5. Vegan Italian meatball soup
On the lookout for vegan dinner recipes for one? Perhaps a meatball soup with out the meat? Yep, it’s doable—and also you gained’t be lacking out on any of the protein both. Right here, the meatballs are made with lentils. Almond flour helps discover them collectively whereas garlic, Italian seasoning, and dietary yeast provides tons of taste.
For the meatballs:
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium shallot (minced)
Three cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1 Tbsp of olive oil,
1 half cups cooked + cooled lentils (cooked in vegetable inventory)
1 half Tbsp dried Italian seasonings
1/Four cup contemporary Italian parsley
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp dietary yeast
5-6 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese (plus extra for coating)
1/Four tsp sea salt and black pepper to style
2 Tbsp of almond flour
For the soup:
2 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
half cup chopped yellow onion,
1 cup quarter-inch diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
Eight cups vegetable broth
2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 rosemary sprig
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp minced contemporary basil
1 Tbsp chopped contemporary parsley
2 zucchinis, zoodled
Pink himalayan salt and freshly floor black pepper
Put together the meatballs:
1. In a frying pan, sauté garlic and shallots in a single tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Pulse lentils, one teaspoon olive oil, sautéed garlic and shallot, Italian seasonings, flax meal, parsley and tomato paste.
3. Roll into balls and dirt with almond flour. Sauté balls in a frying pan till golden brown, six to eight minutes. Add sauce and warmth over meatballs.
Put together the soup:
1. Preheat over to 400°F.
2. To organize the soup, in a dutch oven over medium-high warmth, warmth the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute till tender and aromatic, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add the broth, tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaves, basil, and parsley. Cowl, carry to a simmer over medium-high, flip the warmth to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Take away the bay leaves and rosemary. Add the meatballs and zoodles, cowl and simmer for 5 minutes, till the meatballs and zoodles are heated by means of. Season with salt and pepper to style and serve.
6. Excessive-protein hen bowl with cashew lime crema
The hen isn’t the one high-protein ingredient on this colourful bowl. Black beans and toasted pumpkin seeds additionally majorly up the nutrient amount, too. Created by A Sweet Pea Chef‘s Lacey Baier (who’s additionally a diet coach), this dish additionally contains roasted candy potatoes and cilantro rice. Topping all of it off is a creamy sauce, made in minutes with cashew nuts, lime, avocado, milk (or alt-milk), and garlic.
For the cashew lime crema Sauce:
3/4 cup uncooked cashews
2 cups boiling water
half cup contemporary cilantro
half cup natural entire milk plus extra as wanted
Three Tbsp contemporary lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
1/4 massive avocado
half tsp sea salt
half tsp garlic powder
For the roasted candy potatoes:
2 candy potatoes, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
half tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp floor black pepper
For the cilantro lime rice:
2 cups brown rice, raw
1 half Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (roughly 1 lime)
Four half cups low sodium hen broth
half tsp sea salt
1/4 cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
For the Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
half cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), uncooked
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp lime juice (roughly half lime)
For the hen:
2 boneless, skinless hen breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 tsp floor cumin
half tsp paprika
half tsp chili powder
half tsp powdered garlic
1/4 tsp granulated onion
1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
Put together the cashew lime crema sauce:
1. Add the cashews right into a small bowl and canopy with the boiling water. Soak for one hour, then drain.
2. Add the entire cashew cream elements right into a meals processor and course of till clean. Add sufficient milk to get desired clean consistency.
Put together the roasted candy potatoes:
1. To roast the candy potatoes, preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the candy potatoes with the olive oil and seasonings. Place on the ready baking sheet and roast in preheated for 20-25 minutes, or till tender.
Put together the cilantro lime rice:
1. To make the cilantro lime brown rice, mix the brown rice, low sodium hen broth, sea salt, and freshly squeezed lime juice in a deep inventory pot and produce to a simmer.
2. Cook dinner till the liquid is totally absorbed by the rice and the rice is tender, about 25-30 minutes. Then, toss in freshly chopped cilantro and stir to mix.
Put together the roasted pumpkin seeds:
1. Scale back warmth from 425°F to 350°F as soon as the candy potatoes are finished, and line one other rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the elements for the pepitas in a small mixing bowl. Combine till totally mixed, after which unfold over the ready baking sheet.
3. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring midway. Then, take away from oven and funky.
Put together the hen:
1. Make the seasoning mix for the hen in a mixing bowl by combining the cumin, paprika, chili powder, powdered garlic, and granulated onion in a small bowl. Coat the hen properly.
2. Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the seasoned hen and cook dinner till golden-brown on either side and cooked by means of, about 4 to 6 minutes per aspect. Then, take away from the skillet and permit to relaxation for 5 minutes earlier than slicing into skinny slices.
Put together the bowl:
1. Begin with filling the underside of a bowl with the cilantro lime rice, then add the cooked black beans, roasted candy potatoes, and sliced hen excessive.
2. Drizzle with the crema and prime with the pumpkin seeds.
For extra wholesome recipes and cooking concepts from our neighborhood, be a part of Nicely+Good’s Cook With Us Fb group.