This butter lettuce salad has a mix of greens, fruit, nuts, cheese, and is drizzled with a easy lemon French dressing. The whole lot on a mattress of tender butter lettuce makes an ideal and scrumptious salad.
The Finest Butter Lettuce Salad
This butter lettuce salad is flavorful, vivid, and a part of a balanced salad that’s excellent as a facet salad or as a full meal for lunch.
What’s butter lettuce salad good for?
Butter lettuce (often known as bibb lettuce) is a young, gentle, and flavorful lettuce that often comes as a big head of lettuce with its roots nonetheless connected.
Butter lettuce is a little more fragile than different lettuce like iceberg and romaine, so conserving the roots on retains the butter lettuce from wilting!
Butter lettuce is sweet for therefore many various recipes. It’s excellent for a light-weight salad, but in addition is nice on sandwiches, in wraps, and butter lettuce is even nice because the precise wrap as an alternative of utilizing a tortilla. The choices are infinite.
Butter Lettuce Salad Components
This salad is the proper steadiness of candy, salty, crunchy, and lightweight. There may be the proper mixture of veggies, fruit, nuts, and a tasty dressing.
- Butter lettuce
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- White wine French dressing
- Maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Slivered almonds
- Maple syrup
- Honey crisp apple
- Purple bell pepper
- Parmesan cheese
The best way to Make Butter Lettuce Salad
There are just a few straightforward steps to take earlier than you assemble this butter lettuce salad. There are layers of candy, salty, and crunchy.
Prep that dressing
This butter lettuce salad is dressed with our classic lemon vinaigrette. All it’s a must to do add of the elements for the dressing in a jar, cowl, and shake the dressing till all of the elements are mixed.
Fry the shallots
The tastiest a part of this salad is the salty fried shallots that you simply put together earlier than you assemble the salad. The concept is to fry them after which let the sit to crisp up. They may act as a crunchy topping for the butter lettuce salad.
- You need to line a plate with a paper towel first in order that when you find yourself accomplished frying the shallots, you could have someplace to allow them to crisp up.
- Then, warmth a big skillet over medium/low warmth. Add ¼ cup olive oil. When olive oil is aromatic add the shallots.
- Cook dinner the shallots for 15-20 minutes stirring sometimes till the shallots flip a golden brown coloration.
- When the shallots flip brown, shortly place the shallots on the lined plate to crisp up.
Toast the almonds
The sweetness of the salad comes from the these tasty candied almonds. We did a fast sweet for these almonds (similar to these candied walnut recipe).
Toss the almonds and maple syrup in a small skillet pan and let the almonds simmer in maple syrup. Take away them from warmth, place them on a plate, and allow them to cool and switch crunchy,
Assemble your salad
After you put together the almonds and shallot you place all the elements for the salad in a bowl and drizzle the salad with the lemon French dressing.
How do you narrow lettuce for butter lettuce salad?
You’ll be able to tear the butter lettuce along with your arms into items or you possibly can roughly chop the butter lettuce with a knife.
You usually need to maintain butter lettuce in giant items as a result of it’s a extra fragile lettuce. The larger the items of butter lettuce the much less soggy the butter lettuce will probably be.
Ideas + Methods for Butter Lettuce Salad
Ingredient Add-ins + Substitutions
This salad is ideal the best way it’s, however if you’re out of any of the elements or need to substitute any elements on this salad, go for it! Possibly you’re trying so as to add grilled chicken to the salad for a bit protein, we’ve bought you lined there, too.
Under are some ingredient add-ins or substitutions we advocate.
- Apples—> plums
- Fried shallots–> diced crimson onion
- Slivered almonds—> chopped pistachio or toasted pine nuts
- Fennel–> chopped celery
- Purple pepper–> any bell pepper
Use a distinct dressing
We use our favourite lemon vinaigrette for the salad, however if that dressing isn’t your factor, we’ve so many scrumptious salad dressings that you should utilize as an alternative. Listed below are a few of our favorites.
If you’re making this salad a full meal, we extremely recommend including protein.
This butter lettuce salad makes an amazing facet salad for any of the dishes beneath!
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin– Right here is our greatest grilled pork tenderloin recipe; it’s dry-rubbed in smokey spices, marinated in a candy bbq soy sauce, and grilled to juicy perfection. It’s a easy pork tenderloin recipe, but it surely seems so tender and flavorful.
- Baked Chicken Parmesan– Baked Hen Parmesan is a simple hen recipe to make. This oven baked hen parmesan is first pan-fried after which completed off within the oven.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken– Parmesan crusted hen is such a implausible and flavorful hen recipe. Hen breasts are dredged in a parmesan cheese and bread crumb combination after which pan-fried till golden brown perfection.
- Grilled Salmon– Get completely grilled salmon each single time with this straightforward and fool-proof step-by-step tutorial on The best way to Grill Salmon!
- Turkey Burger Recipe– Say good day to the Finest Juicy Turkey Burger you’ve ever had! These turkey burgers are at all times scrumptious, and by no means dry. Get pleasure from!
We advise storing this salad separate from the dressing if you’re not serving the salad straight away. No person likes a soggy salad!
Lemon French dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon white wine French dressing
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into giant items
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 small honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small crimson bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- First, put together French dressing. Add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper to a mason jar. Cowl and shake. Put aside.
- Put together fried shallots. Line a plate with a paper towel. Put aside.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium/low warmth. Add ¼ cup olive oil. When olive oil is aromatic add the shallots. Cook dinner the shallots for 15-20 minutes stirring sometimes till the shallots flip a golden brown coloration.
- In the meantime, put together the candied almonds. Warmth a separate small skillet over medium/low warmth. Add almonds and maple syrup to the skillet and toss so all of the almonds are lined with maple syrup. Let the almonds prepare dinner for 10-12 minutes or till they begin to brown. Take away from warmth and switch them in a separate plate (they’ll harden as they cool). Put aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to take away the browned shallots from the pan and place the shallot on prime of the paper towel-lined plate. Put aside.
- Assemble the salad. Place the butter lettuce in a big salad bowl. Unfold the fennel, sliced apple, bell pepper, and almonds over the lettuce. Drizzle the French dressing over the elements and toss. Lastly, sprinkle the salad with fried shallots and parmesan cheese.
Serving Dimension: 1/4
Ldl cholesterol: 2
Key phrases: Butter Lettuce Salad