These carrot cake pancakes are made with floor oat flour, carrot cake spices, and freshly grated carrots. Whip up a batch of those carrot pancakes for breakfast and prime them with maple syrup.
These carrot cake pancakes are the right mixture of candy and spicy — similar to your favourite carrot cake. BUT, they’re additionally one thing you may be ok with fueling up on very first thing within the morning.
Why make these carrot pancakes?
Gluten-free: as a result of these carrot pancakes are made with a mix of floor oat flour and gluten-free flour, they’re gluten-free pleasant.
So many carrots! half of cup of shredded carrot means carrot in each chew.
Refined sugar-free: carrots add pure sweetness to those pancakes, so all you really want is somewhat maple syrup.
Decrease in fats: this recipe solely calls for two tablespoons of coconut oil and the remainder of the moisture comes from the carrots themselves and applesauce.
Carrot Cake Pancakes Elements
We love how dense and scrumptious these carrot pancakes turned out. They’re made with a mix of floor oat flour and a gluten-free flour mix.
- Floor oat flour: no oat flour at house? No worry! Grind up some rolled oats right into a effective flour and also you’re good to go! If you’re celiac, be sure to purchase the licensed gluten-free model on the retailer. We recommend Bob’s Red Mill.
- All-purpose gluten-free flour combine: if you happen to’re not celiac, or don’t want this recipe to be GF, be happy to sub 1:1 for both white complete wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is the best way to go together with pancakes! You’ll want 1 teaspoon.
- Shredded carrots: you’ll want half of cup of shredded carrots for these pancakes, which is approx. the dimensions of 1 giant carrot. We suggest a medium shred for this recipe so you may really see the shredded carrots in your pancakes.
- The proper carrot cake spices: the mix of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg make for the scrumptious spicy savory you like in conventional carrot cake.
- Eggs: Eggs not solely add fluffiness to this gluten free pancake recipe however protein too! If you happen to’re on the lookout for a vegan choice, you may strive utilizing 2 flax eggs as a substitute!
- Applesauce: Applesauce is a superb sweetener for this recipe, however be sure to use unsweetened because it’s already candy sufficient with out that added sugar ????
- Almond milk: identical because the applesauce, be sure to use the unsweetened selection!
- Vanilla extract and maple syrup: Can’t go improper with a splash of vanilla extract and maple syrup so as to add nice taste to this recipe.
- Coconut oil: We nixed the butter and used coconut oil as a substitute for a silky easy taste and texture!
How you can Freeze Pancakes (+ Reheat Them!)
It is a nice healthy pancake recipe to both meal prep for the week or whip up a double or triple batch after which retailer within the freezer to have available each time the wholesome carrot cake pancakes temper strikes ya.
Freeze your wholesome carrot cake pancakes
- First, let your pancakes cool utterly. The explanation we do that is in order that the pancakes can come right down to room temperature and cease producing a lot moisture (steam). It will stop freezer burn within the freezer and assist your pancakes keep good and contemporary.
- Then, stack 1 serving of pancakes (2 pancakes) collectively. Tightly wrap them in a bit of plastic wrap, in a ziploc bag or in a Stasher bag. Ensure that to take away as a lot air as doable, which will even assist to stop freezer burn.
- Place pancakes within the freezer and freeze for as much as Three months.
Thaw & reheat your wholesome carrot cake pancakes
- Choice 1: Thaw pancakes within the fridge in a single day. Then, microwave for 60 seconds within the morning.
- Choice 2: Place frozen pancakes within the toaster and toast on medium.
- 1 cup floor oat flour, gluten-free if desired
- half of cup all-purpose gluten-free flour combine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/Eight teaspoon salt
- half of cup shredded carrots (1 giant carrot)
- 1.5 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1/four teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/four teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/four cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, peel one giant carrot. Then, use a medium cheese grater to grate your carrot. Place shredded carrot on prime of two items of paper towel and squeeze as a lot moisture out of it as you may. Measure shredded carrot, you’ll need about half of cup.
- Switch shredded carrot right into a medium bowl. Add the remainder of the dry substances and blend.
- Then, in a big bowl, whisk collectively 2 eggs. Add applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and blend.
- Switch dry substances into moist and blend. Lastly, add in melted coconut oil and blend once more.
- Warmth a big skillet to low/medium warmth. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Use a 1/Three cup scooper to scoop batter onto skillet. Cook dinner both sides for round Three minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and your favourite nut butter!
Serving Measurement: 2 pancakes
Key phrases: wholesome pancakes