This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is filled with protein and even has a full serving of greens in it. The most effective half is, it’s wholesome and tastes precisely like a peanut butter cup!
There actually isn’t a greater mixture than chocolate, peanut butter, and banana. These three flavors collectively style like dessert and we’re completely right here for that.
Why Make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
You get your veggies and the deliciousness of a peanut butter cup multi functional! Right here is why we love this chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
Naturally sweetened- Say heck no to these sugar-packed juices and depend on the sweetness of the frozen fruit you employ in smoothies. This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is sweetened solely with the frozen bananas used as the bottom.
Veggie Packed- Add an additional serving of greens to your meal in a cup. This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is filled with spinach and guess what? You may’t even style it!
Pantry Staples- Smoothies are simple to combine collectively when you could have the entire proper components in your pantry already. For this smoothie, ensure you have cocoa powder, peanut butter, almond milk, and flaxseed readily available always.
What You Want
The wonder about all smoothies on Match Foodie Finds is the truth that we make fruit smoothies, which means there is no such thing as a ice concerned!
- Frozen Banana: frozen banana is the bottom of this smoothie. Take a look at our guide to freezing bananas so that you might be prepared for smoothie making at any time.
- Peanut butter: any model of peanut butter will work for this recipe. We love Smuckers All-Natural!
- Cocoa powder: Be sure to make use of unsweetened cocoa powder so that you simply’re not including extra sugar.
- Flaxseed: flax is an effective way so as to add wholesome fat and fiber, with out altering the flavour of this chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.
- Spinach: I promise you which you could’t even style the spinach. Simply ensure you mix mix mix in order that the spinach purees and is hidden.
- Milk: any type of milk works for this recipe. We want almond milk.
The beauty of this chocolate peanut butter smoothie is that it’s actually good at masking the flavors of different add-ins equivalent to extra spinach and different veggies too! Listed below are some add-in concepts:
Protein Powder: Swap out a tablespoon or two of the cocoa powder in your favourite chocolate protein powder for extra grams of protein.
information to protein powder
On the lookout for one of the best protein powder to purchase? Take a look at our Guide to Protein Powder the place we share our high plant-based and whey protein powders.
Vanilla: add a splash of vanilla extract. This can improve the peanut butter cup taste.
Frozen Cauliflower: frozen cauliflower is a superb veggie so as to add for extra vitamins. I do that in nearly all my smoothies and you’ll’t even style it!
Methods to Mix a Smoothie
Mixing a smoothie is likely to be the simplest factor you’ve ever finished!
- Place all components into your high-speed blender. Be sure that your bananas are proper out of the freezer.
- Mix on excessive for 1-2 minutes, including extra milk as wanted. Mix till the smoothie is easy with no chunks.
simple chocolate magic shell
Love the magic shell in these images?! It’s really easy to make and can make your youngsters swoon over this chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie. Right here’s what you want:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Instructions: soften chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium bowl. Then, dip the highest a part of your smoothie glass into the magic shell and instantly place the cup within the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- 2 cups sliced frozen bananas
- Three tablespoons all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/four cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed
- 1 cup contemporary spinach, packed (or extra, if that’s your jam!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or extra, relying on how thick you prefer it)
- Place all components right into a high-speed blender.
- Mix on excessive till easy, ensuring there aren’t any spinach chunks seen. You could want so as to add a bit of extra almond milk relying on how thick/skinny you want your smoothies.
Suggestions & Notes
- Straightforward Do-it-yourself Magic Shell: Soften 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium bowl. Then, dip the highest a part of your smoothie glass into the magic shell and instantly place the cup within the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
Serving Dimension: 1/2
Key phrases: chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie