In case you love the comfort of a pre-bagged salad combine then you definitely’re going to like this Creamy Broccoli Slaw with Kale. It’s studded with crunchy pumpkin seeds and tart dried cranberries and may be made in only one bowl. You solely want Three elements for the dressing (not together with salt and pepper) and it’s prepared in beneath 10 minutes.
We’ve up to date this put up with new pictures and a faster preparation technique that allows you to make this slaw with only one bowl nevertheless it’s each bit as scrumptious as the unique.
A creamy, crunchy slaw that goes with nearly all the pieces
Bagged salad mixes are an effective way to avoid wasting time and get extra veggies in your plate, don’t get me fallacious, however they are often fairly costly once you determine the associated fee per serving and typically the dressings have longer ingredient lists than you may look after which is why we’ve reverse-engineered a preferred broccoli-kale salad equipment usually present in giant low cost warehouses. This one has a considerably shorter ingredient listing, may be made Complete30-friendly, consists of an choice for making it vegan, and may be prepped forward as much as Three days prematurely or whipped up on the spot in beneath 10 minutes.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks that gained’t change your worth however will share some fee.
Elements for Creamy Broccoli Slaw
- Broccoli slaw – Search for bagged broccoli slaw within the produce aisle. It’s also possible to substitute shredded cabbage or bagged coleslaw combine in the event you can’t discover broccoli slaw
- Kale – Provides additional colour, crunch, and phytonutrients and the curly leaves maintain onto the creamy dressing
- Pumpkin seeds – Often known as ‘pepitas’, preferably roasted and salted. In case you solely have uncooked pumpkin seeds, toast them in a dry skillet on the range over medium-high warmth till frivolously browned and aromatic
- Dried cranberries – Most manufacturers are sweetened with cane sugar so if you wish to make this Complete30-friendly, search for a model comparable to this one that’s sweetened with fruit juice or these that have no added sugars
- Mayo – For a Complete30-compliant choice (or for these avoiding sugar or lengthy ingredient lists), we advocate this mayo made with avocado oil. For a vegan choice, use your favourite vegan mayo (this one is my go-to). Plain Greek yogurt could also be substituted for a lower-fat choice.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen merchandise use code: REALFOODRDS
Shop Thrive Market to get one of the best costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free reward once you sign-up!
The right way to Make Creamy Broccoli Slaw
Step 1: Add the mayo, vinegar, and garlic powder to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to mix then style and add salt and pepper to style.
Step 2: Add broccoli slaw, kale (chopped or torn by hand into bite-sized items), pumpkin seeds, and cranberries to the bowl.
Step 3: Toss nicely to coat.
What can I substitute for the bagged broccoli slaw?
Shredded cabbage or bagged coleslaw combine are a fantastic substitute for the broccoli slaw in the event you’re not capable of finding it within the produce aisle of your native grocery retailer.
Can I make Creamy Broccoli Slaw forward of time?
You certain can! This slaw may be made as much as Three days prematurely so it’s nice for meal preps. If you would like the pumpkin seeds to remain crunchy, reserve these to be added simply earlier than serving.
It’s also possible to make the dressing and retailer that individually (in a jar with a tight-fitting pour-spout lid works nice for this) from the broccoli slaw and kale so all you need to do is add the dressing, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries when it’s time to serve.
What ought to I serve Creamy Broccoli Salad with?
Oh, the chances are limitless! We actually prefer to serve this alongside grilled or roasted pork or with burgers. However you may simply high it with grilled rooster, fish, or shrimp for a simple mild dinner or hearty lunch.
Certainly one of our favourite methods to get pleasure from that is with our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs or piled on high of some Slow Cooker BBQ Beef or Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken – whether or not it’s stuffed right into a candy potato or served on a bun – they’re all nice!
On the lookout for steering with meal planning? Try Real Plans, a extremely customizable on-line meal planning service that features over 300 of our very personal recipes.
Different straightforward salad and slaw recipes you may like:
- 6 ounces (½ bag) broccoli slaw
- 1 ½ cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. mayo*
- 1 ½ Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Add the mayo, vinegar, and garlic powder to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to mix then style and add salt and pepper to style.
- Add broccoli slaw, kale (stems eliminated and leaves chopped or torn by hand into bite-sized items), pumpkin seeds, and cranberries to the bowl.
- Toss nicely to coat.
- Serve instantly or retailer in a lined container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
*For a vegan choice – Use your favourite vegan mayo
For a lower-fat choice, change mayo with plain Greek yogurt (accommodates dairy)
- Serving Dimension: About 1 cup
- Energy: 132
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fats: 8g
- Saturated Fats: 1
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Pin it now & Make it later!
All pictures and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our pictures with out prior written permission. In case you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!