This candy potato crust quiche is the breakfast of your desires! The scrumptious candy potato crust is made with grated candy potatoes, almond flour, cornmeal, and an egg.
Greatest Candy Potato Crust Quiche Recipe
If you’re in search of a present stopping quiche to serve at any vacation or brunch, make this Candy Potato Crust Quiche!
There isn’t any flour and or store-bought crust concerned as a result of the crust is made out of principally SWEET POTATO. So, for those who love candy taters, you’ll love this candy potato quiche recipe!
Why Make This candy potato quiche?
Here’s a little bit extra data for you:
- Wholesome: this candy potato quiche is primarily made with veggies and eggs making it excessive protein and full of vitamins.
- Gluten-free: because the crust is made with grated candy potatoes and almond meal, it’s gluten-free pleasant.
- Veggie-Packed: discuss veggies. The crust is sort of all vegetable, however then the quiche is full of extra veggies, together with peppers, onions, and spinach.
- Good for Brunch: this actually is the right recipe to share at brunch.
The candy potato crust alone provides a lot taste to this dish, however whenever you mix with the quiche filling of veggies, eggs, and cheese, it truly is a taste explosion in your mouth!
For the Crust
- Grated Candy Potato: the idea of this crust is made up of grated candy potato. We used a easy cheese grater to grate out candy potatoes.
- Egg: an egg assist every part bind collectively in order that it doesn’t crumble when baking.
- Spices: you want garlic, cloves, salt, and pepper.
- Almond Flour: we saved this crust grain free with almond flour. Almond flour is mild and nutty in taste.
- Cornmeal: a bit of little bit of cornmeal is used to assist forestall the crust from sticking to the pan.
For the Quiche
- Eggs: you want Eight massive eggs for this recipe.
- Milk: any type of milk ought to do.
- Veggies: you may actually use any greens you need, however we used caramelized onions, spinach, purple pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cheese: what’s a quiche with out cheese? We used goat cheese.
Methods to Make Candy Potato Crust Quiche (step-by-step)
- Grate and Drain Candy Potato: first, grate your candy potato utilizing a cheese grater after which place it in a big bowl and sprinkle it with salt. Let sit for 15 minutes to attract out the moisture. Subsequent, switch candy potato in between a number of items of paper towel and squeeze as a lot moisture out as you may.
- Combine Crust: Switch grated candy potato into a big bowl and all the remainder of the crust substances. Combine to kind a ball.
- Prepare dinner Crust: Switch dough right into a 9-inch round crust and use your fingers to press it all the way down to kind your crust. Be sure that your pan is properly greased and sprinkled with cornmeal first. Bake crust at 425ºF for 20 minutes.
- Whisk Eggs: Mix quiche filling by whisking eggs and milk in a big bowl. Add
- Bake Quiche: Place your entire chopped veggies on the underside of the quiche and pour the egg combination on high. High with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Cowl candy potato crust quiche with tin foil and bake at 425ºF for 20 minutes. Take away tin foil and bake for 10-15 extra minutes or till the egg is cooked throughout.
High Ideas for Candy Potato Crust Quiche
Moisture: The trick to this crust is definitely ringing out as a lot moisture as doable from the candy potatoes in order that the crust can agency up.
Cheese Grater: We used a cheese grater to shred the candy potato, it really works like a attraction.
Cornmeal: You’ll discover that we sprinkled some cornmeal on our forged iron skillet and we did that is for two causes.
- In order that the quiche simply removes from the pan and in order that there’s little to no stickage and
- Crunch! Cornmeal offers it a bit of additional texture and taste. Word that for those who’d like this recipe to be 100% grain-free you may swap the cornmeal with almond meal.
Let quiche cool fully. Then, cowl it with tin foil and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
Are you able to freeze candy potato crust quiche?
We don’t advocate freezing this quiche.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal*
- 2.5 cups grated candy potato (~1 massive candy potato)*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 massive egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/Four teaspoon floor cloves
- 1/Eight teaspoon salt
- 1/Eight teaspoon floor pepper
- 3/Four cup super-fine almond flour
- 8 massive eggs
- 1/Four cup milk (any variety)
- 1 massive white onion, caramelized**
- 2 cups recent spinach, packed
- 1 purple pepper, chopped
- 1/Four cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and wipe a 9-inch round pan (we used a forged iron that’s 2.5-inches in depth) with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Put aside.
- Begin your crust by inserting the grated candy potato in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle with 1/Four teaspoon salt and let sit for 15-20 minutes. You do that to attract the moisture out of the candy potato earlier than forming our crust.
- Place candy potato in the midst of two paper towels and twist. You must be capable of wring out any entry liquid. Word that some candy potatoes are moister than others.
- Subsequent, place candy potato in a medium-sized bowl with all different crust substances and blend properly. Use your fingers to kind a ball with the candy potato combination.
- Place candy potato ball onto the pan and use your fingers to flatten the candy potato ball right into a crust in your frittata. It ought to cowl the underside and midway up the perimeters.
- Place within the oven and bake at 425ºF for 20 minutes.
- Take away crust from oven and let cool.
- Whereas crust is cooling, prep all greens for the quiche. Measure out 2 cups of packed spinach, caramelize a large white onion, and chop a purple pepper. Put aside.
- Place Eight eggs and 1/Four cup of milk right into a medium-size bowl and whisk.
- Subsequent, place caramelized onion, spinach, and purple pepper on high of the candy potato crust and pour egg combination over the veggies. Use your fingers or a spatula to ensure the veggies are submerged within the eggs.
- High eggs and veggies with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Cowl with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 425ºF. Take away tin foil and bake for an extra 10-15 minutes.
Ideas & Notes
- To make this recipe grain-free you may sub almond flour for the cornmeal.
- Vitamin info contains an extra Four tablespoons of olive oil for the caramelized onions. See THIS recipe for reference.
Serving Measurement: 1/6