This can be a easy and scrumptious arugula salad recipe. It’s made with arugula, dried fruit, veggies, and fruit. It’s the good aspect dish to any meal!
What’s the distinction between Rocket and Arugula?
Tomato, tomahto. Whether or not you name this scrumptious peppery inexperienced rocket or arugula, it’s one wonderful inexperienced! Neglect about your run-of-the-mill spring inexperienced combine or iceberg lettuce and make extra room for scrumptious arugula salads in your life!
Why can we love arugula? Let me rely the methods!
- Arugula has essentially the most wonderful spicy taste! Not like different greens, you don’t want so as to add a ton of dressing or taste to those greens as a result of they provide a lot taste.
- Arugula is filled with calcium, potassium, and nutritional vitamins!
- Rising arugula in your individual private backyard is very easy! It’s straightforward to develop and when you trim it, it simply grows again time and again. So you’ve gotten arugula all summer time lengthy!
- Arugula isn’t simply nice in salads, however you may make pesto, add it to omelets, and even toss it in pastas!
Learn how to Make an Arugula Salad
This arugula salad recipe is our go-to recipe for salads for all events. We’ve got this salad blended up (with out dressing for meal prep) most days in our fridge so now we have entry to a tasty salad all week lengthy!
It truly is the right salad! Although we love the combos of substances on this salad, generally you don’t have the substances you want for a recipe and also you don’t really feel like working to the grocery retailer!
bear in mind this.
The substances on this salad are interchangeable.
All it’s a must to do is select one ingredient from every of the classes beneath and also you’re golden. It’s all about mixing textures and flavors!
Components You Want
That is an arugula salad, individuals. Use arugula! Nevertheless, should you don’t have arugula and need to make a scrumptious salad, massaged kale, or spring greens with some micro-greens are all good choices!
Nuts + Seeds
Crunch is so vital in a salad! Nuts and seeds supply a bit of texture to any salad, making them extra enjoyable to eat! Not solely do nuts and seeds add texture however they’re nutrient dense, including extra fiber, protein, omega-3s, and extra!
We use pine nuts on this arugula salad, however be happy so as to add any of the nuts or seeds beneath as an alternative!
- Slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
In the case of arugula salads, a bit of little bit of cheese is a should! Cheese provides a creamy, tart, and even a nutty taste to all salads! We used goat cheese on this salad, however be happy to make use of any of the cheese choices beneath.
- Crumbled Feta
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese lower into small cubes
Dried + Recent Fruit
Fruit in a salad? Are we loopy? No! Dried fruit and recent fruit are nice additions to salads! They provide every chunk a bit of sweetness to steadiness out the salty and earthy flavors that include any salad!
We used recent blueberries and dried cherries on this salad, however it’s enjoyable to change up the fruit on this salad based mostly on this season!
Use any of the fruit choices beneath, you may’t go improper!
- Sliced strawberries
- Black berries
- Chopped apples
Although the bottom of this salad is a vegetable (arugula) I believe it’s key so as to add extra veggies to each salad!
Particularly greens that you could lower into chunk sized items. I actually imagine that ensuring you get virtually each ingredient in each chunk makes a salad that a lot better!
We added minced pink garlic and halved cherry tomatoes to this salad, however beneath are a number of the different greens that we love so as to add to salads!
- Diced bell pepper
- Sautéd mushrooms
- Chew sized cooked beets
- Shredded carrots
The gorgeous factor about making salads at house is YOU get to decide on what you need to put in it! Dressing is a good way to make any salad your individual!
Our balsamic vinaigrette goes effectively with this arugula salad, but when it’s not your factor any of our dressing recipes will do the trick! Under are three different dressings that we might use on this salad!
Q About Arugula
What’s a traditional arugula salad?
A “traditional” arugula salad is often an arugula salad with parmesan.
A traditional arugula salad is made up of arugula, freshly shaved parmesan, a easy lemon vinaigrette, and (generally) toasted pine nuts! If you’re feeling a easy salad, you may’t go improper with a traditional arugula salad.
What goes effectively with arugula?
Since arugula does have a little bit of a spicier taste, we suggest pairing arugula with sweeter substances like dried fruit and brilliant and light-weight salad dressings!
What do I serve with an arugula SAlad?
You may serve this arugula with any of the dishes beneath!
How do you retailer arugula salad?
If you’re making this salad for meal prep for the week, retailer the salad separate from the dressing. Add the dressing to the salad proper earlier than serving.
What are you able to do with arugula in addition to salad?
There are such a lot of issues you are able to do with arugula! Listed here are a few of our favourite methods to eat arugula if we don’t have it in a salad.
Toss arugula in pasta
Arugula provides nice taste to any pasta! We prefer to make pasta after which we fold recent arugula into the pasta proper on the finish. It’s wonderful! Take a look at this creamy asparagus pasta or this yummy BLT pasta. Each recipes incorporate arugula!
Add arugula to your breakfast
We add arugula to an egg scramble or an omelette on a regular basis! You can too make this scrumptious arugula breakfast sandwich. It’s a go-to breakfast on FFF!
Make arugula pesto or tabouli
Some individuals solely use arugula as they’d another recent herb due to it’s peppery taste. This makes it a super ingredient so as to add to pesto or tabouli! We made a scrumptious arugula pesto on this Mediterranean salmon recipe and added arugula to this quinoa tabouli!
- Three tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette*
- 1/Four cup pine nuts
- 2.5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 medium pink onion, diced
- 1/2 cup recent blueberries
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/Three cup dried cherries
- 1/Three cup goat cheese crumbles
- Start by making ready this balsamic vinaigrette after which put aside. Choice to make use of no matter French dressing you’ve gotten available, however we love our home made balsamic.
- Subsequent, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium warmth for 4-5 minutes or till golden brown. Watch out, pine nuts can flip from brown to burnt in a short time, so control them. Take away from warmth and put aside till cool.
- Add arugula, pink onion, blueberries, tomatoes, cherries, goat cheese crumbles, and pine nuts into a big bowl and toss all the substances collectively.
- Lastly, drizzle dressing onto the salad, one tablespoon at a time. Proceed so as to add one tablespoon of dressing till salad is dressed as desired.**
Ideas & Notes
- If you happen to make our whole home made balsamic vinaigrette, you should have leftover dressing! It’s going to last as long as 7 days within the fridge!
- If you’re not serving straight away, chorus from dressing your salad till serving.
Serving Measurement: 1/4