Just a few months previous to lockdown, I went to a Vipassana retreat (10 days of silence and 10 hours a day of meditation) and this lockdown has felt like a worldwide Vipassana. Forcing us all to sit down within the unknown and realise what’s necessary to us. A time to really feel into what relationships are wholesome and which of them want work. Sitting in uncertainty and realising that we will’t cling onto the great or the dangerous, the previous or the longer term, we merely need to get current and experience the waves as they’re offered to us.
By way of private development this time has been a present in plenty of methods however for many individuals it has additionally been a time the place their creativity appears to have been placed on maintain. Surprisingly, once we are given limitless time to create – it will possibly really stunt our creativite movement and go away us misplaced with the place to begin. Does that sound acquainted to you?
I’ve had waves of those emotions throughout lockdown, some weeks feeling filled with vitality and concepts and different weeks completely misplaced into gazing up on the sky and feeling the enormity of what’s going on. By this wave of inventive peaks and falls, I’ve found the mindfulness practices which have helped me faucet again into that inventive movement – so I wished to share them with you.
MINDFULNESS TECHNIQUES TO UNLOCK YOUR CREATIVE FLOW
Create a lovely morning Ritual that leaves area for creativity to emerge from.
1 – Morning Pages
Impressed by the ebook ‘The Artist’s Manner’ – have a notepad by the facet of your mattress and as quickly as you get up within the morning, seize your pocket book and write Three pages of stream of consciousness writing with out taking your pen off the web page. It doesn’t must make sense, you’re not writing to even learn it again. You’re merely getting your unconscious ideas out onto the web page to unlock the creativity hiding beneath.
2 – A 10-minute meditation
- Discover a snug meditation place. This may be seated on the ground along with your legs crossed or on a chair along with your ft firmly on the ground
- Shut your eyes and change your consideration to your breath. Noticing the cool air getting into the nostrils in your inhale and the nice and cozy air leaving in your exhale
- Start to deepen your breath
- Take your consciousness to the highest of your head and start to scan down slowly via your physique (like an x-ray) changing into conscious of the bodily sensations and feelings which might be current in every a part of your physique
- If you get to your toes, reverse so you start to scan upwards via your total physique
- Maintain repeating this slowly up and down – ensuring to actually give your self time to really feel till your alarm goes off.
- Discover how your physique and thoughts are actually feeling from simply 10 minutes of stillness
3 – 10 minutes of Coherent Respiration
- Discover a snug seated place, on the bottom or on a chair
- Shut your eyes and start to carry your consciousness to your respiration
- Exhale your entire breath out
- Start to inhale via the nostril for six seconds
- Exhale via the nostril for six seconds
- Proceed to breath out and in steadily to the depend of 6 for five/10 minutes and watch your physique sink right into a state of calm
4 – Put your favorite music on and DANCE like nobody is watching
- Placed on some music. Both upbeat or one thing slower and extra sensual, relying on you temper
- Rise up and really feel your ft firmly on the bottom
- Shut your eyes and connect with your respiration. Gently slowing down the breath, to a deep constant tempo
- Start to tune into the music and with out your thoughts getting in the best way, permit your self to start to maneuver in any means that the physique needs to
- It doesn’t matter what you appear to be, it’s all about how you are feeling
- Do that for a minimum of 10 minutes so you may get via any awkward sensations or worrying what it’d appear to be and permit your self to really feel absolutely free
- Dance like no-one is watching
Creativity isn’t one thing to search for exterior of your self. It’s one thing cultivated from inside. You need to nurture your inner world to create the area to unlock that creativity.
The key to unlocking creativity isn’t in ready for the massive thought to seem however in creating straightforward and gratifying practices that make it straightforward to START.
Be a part of me in my model new Monthly Mindfulness Membership ‘Your Body, Your Mind, Your Goals’ the place we might be exploring all of those practices with a like-minded group of great people and discover how mindfulness in an array of types can mean you can unlock your potential.
Maude is an actor turned yoga and explorative meditation trainer, superior Theta Healer and founding father of the mindfulness firm EnergyRise. Coming from a life on display screen, hiding behind scripts and characters, she discovered yoga and meditation to be a turning level of re-discovering and revealing her true energy. Her ardour is now to empower others to do the identical.
Maude teaches yoga, meditation and therapeutic globally, operating retreats in addition to on-line programs.
She believes tapping into the reality of your inner world can mean you can heal and use your particular person life experiences to empower the best way you reside your life.
She creates a secure, explorative area so as so that you can self-discover.