This watermelon smoothie is made with frozen watermelon, bananas, and strawberries. It’s the most refreshing, creamy, and scrumptious smoothie.
The BEST Watermelon Smoothie
Have you ever ever had a watermelon smoothie? There may be nothing extra refreshing on a scorching summer time morning than a scrumptious chilly watermelon smoothie.
This smoothie is sweetened with frozen fruit (watermelon, bananas, and strawberries) and blended collectively to make a scrumptious breakfast smoothie or snack for any time of day!
Elements You Want
All the substances for this watermelon smoothie are quite simple and straight ahead! Right here is every part you have to!
- watermelon chunks
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
Smoothie Ingredient Swaps
Don’t have a number of the substances for this watermelon smoothie available? Don’t fear, listed here are some straightforward ingredient swaps for you!
Greek yogurt–> any Yogurt
Almond milk–> any milk or orange juice
Frozen strawberries–> frozen raspberries
Learn how to Make a Watermelon Smoothie
- Put together the watermelon by freezing it first!
- Place all substances right into a high-speed blender.
- Mix on excessive for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape the edges.
- Add extra almond milk as wanted relying on how thick you want your smoothies.
- Serve instantly.
Learn how to Freeze Watermelon for Smoothies
We extremely suggest utilizing frozen watermelon on this watermelon smoothie! Don’t fear if you happen to don’t have your watermelon frozen already. Watermelon takes lower than 30 minutes to freeze! Right here is the best way to freeze watermelon.
- Line a plate or small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the watermelon chunks onto the parchment paper. Be certain the watermelon is reduce into small chunks (they’ll freeze quicker).
- Place the watermelon within the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Take away the watermelon from the freezer and place within the blender or place the watermelon in a freezer protected bag and return it to freezer for later.
use frozen fruit, not ice!
We extremely suggest utilizing frozen fruit over contemporary fruit or ice! Recent fruit tends to omit extra liquid than frozen fruit, making your smoothie extra watery.
We additionally HIGHLY suggest avoiding ice, if attainable! Ice additionally tends to provide a extra water-y smoothie, plus, if you happen to can obtain that thick and chilled texture through the use of nutrient-dense substances as an alternative of ice, why wouldn’t you!?
You solely have to freeze your fruit for 30-60 minutes for it to be smoothie prepared, so no want to fret if you happen to’re simply popping your fruit into the freezer now! You’ll be off and operating with a scrumptious smoothie very quickly 😀
Ideas for Watermelon Smoothies
add protein powder
In case you are having fun with this watermelon smoothie after a exercise or simply wish to beef it up a bit, be happy so as to add a scoop or two of your favourite protein powder. Check out our favorite protein powders here!
SPECIFICALLY, FROZEN BANANAS CAN’T BE BEAT
We’re huge followers of utilizing frozen bananas as a base for a lot of of our smoothie recipes. Not solely are bananas low-cost, and nutrient-dense, however when they’re frozen after which blended, they’re SO scrumptious and creamy!
Take a look at our publish on how to freeze bananas for all the greatest suggestions and tips!
A LITTLE LIQUID AT A TIME, PEOPLE
One of many important suggestions we give folks when making a smoothie is add the beneficial quantity of liquid a bit of bit at a time till the smoothie reaches your required consistency.
Including all the liquid without delay might go away you with a water-y smoothie! You’ll be able to ALWAYS add extra liquid, however can’t take it out!
- 1.5 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- half of cup frozen strawberries
- 1/Four cup vanilla Greek
- ½ massive banana, frozen or contemporary
- 3/Four cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by freezing the watermelon. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lower the watermelon into 1-1.5 inch chunks and place it on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the watermelon within the freezer and freeze for at the least 30 minutes.
- Take away the watermelon from the freezer and put aside 1.5 cups of the watermelon. Place the remainder of the frozen watermelon right into a gallon-size plastic bag and place it again within the freezer for later.
- Subsequent, place the frozen watermelon, frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt, banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract right into a excessive velocity blender and mix till easy.
- Pour right into a glass and luxuriate in!
Serving Measurement: half of
Ldl cholesterol: 3
Key phrases: Watermelon Smoothie